CONTACT INFORMATION

Danish-Chinese Business Forum

Address: Tingskiftevej 5,

DK-2900 Hellerup

Phone: +45 33 32 97 78

Mail: info@dcbf.dk

CVR: 29 05 16 31

The views expressed of the authors do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of DCBF.

China Facts: Why Danish companies should seek a sub-supply solution RE: OBOR

A study by the Center for Strategic and International Studies, reveals that 89 per cent of the contractors in China-funded transport infrastructure projects in 34 Asian and European countries were Chinese companies, leaving only 11 per cent for contractors from elsewhere. In contrast to the overwhelming preference shown to Chinese contractors in China-funded projects, data for projects funded by the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank show a more even distribution (41 per cent of contractors were from countries in which the infrastructure was being built and 30 per cent from third countries according to a study covering 178 projects.*) These statistics show the importance of Danish companies trying to seek partnership agreements with Chinese SOEs. Taking the size of Danish businesses into consideration, such strategy makes a lot of sense. 

 

*) Financial Times 25th January 2018

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

  • Facebook Basic Black
  • Twitter Basic Black
  • Black Google+ Icon
Please reload

Search By Tags:
Hans Henrik Pontoppidan
Secretary General, DCBF 
Who's Behind The Blog